Beats by dr.dre Over-ear headphones for DJing?

Jarrah

Hey sol i disagree with you. Monster headphones have great sound quality but you pay premium for the branding. A mate who worked at harvey got me some inears for my bday cuz he can get for costs. And the sound and isolation were awesome.

And from what ive heard the dre series are actually extremely good in the studio. But again only for those that can afford it because the extra dollars from these versus a cheaper pair doesnt equate to extea better sound. I.e a lot of dollars more for only marginal improvement hence not worth it.

But that doesnt make em poor quality.

Back to OP though. These are studio headphones and have no swivel so i would definitely not recommend. You will crack them trying to dj w one ear.

Beats by dre are not as bad as I thought they'd be but very over priced and there are better cans out there. Techs, A&H, sens just to name a few. I'm not sure what the build quality is like on them but when you're djing you tend to throw your cans around a bit so best to have some solid gear

Thanks Soldios,

Yeaah I think I might not get them,

If I was to grab a different pair of headphones, you would recommend the XD53s over the HDJ2000s?

(I am sure you are heard that 10000000 times, sorry!)

Jarrah

i went to dj warehouse to buy hdj2000's but thought i'd road test the xd53 and hd25s as well.

2000's are most comfortable, xd53 sound better and i'm not a fan of hd25s.

I walked out with 53's as I thought they performed the best of the lot. I'm still glad I went down that road.

i have hd 25 sp-ii and i think they are real good. I would pay the extra to get the better headband though if i had my time again.

Good due to lightweight, good isolation and sound quality. And i find them quite comfy. However i haven't tried the xd53's to compare them.

xd53's are boss, simply amazing i think 3/4 of this board rocks em, and the rest hd-25's. I bought them purely off everyones reccomendations from here because i dont have a dj store near me, and was not disappointed

id say the xd53's and hd-25s are evenly specced, just different preference on what feels more comfortrable

xd53's are boss, simply amazing i think 3/4 of this board rocks em, and the rest hd-25's. I bought them purely off everyones reccomendations from here because i dont have a dj store near me, and was not disappointed

id say the xd53's and hd-25s are evenly specced, just different preference on what feels more comfortrable

XD53 has a 53mm driver which is the biggest headphone driver available at the moment and delivers higher and lower frequence's then the HD25 and the most un-enhanced bass, the HD25's have a 40mm driver i believe and while im sure they can produce good sound, its not as vast as the 53's

done a shit load of research comparing the 2 before i got my 53's

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of things about the Beats. If you are looking for a pair to DJ with, it's the Pro model you want, not the Studio. Pro has a swivel cup and aluminium frame.

Also, if you're looking at buying them from anywhere but an authorised dealer (ie from eBay or online) beware as there are heaps of fakes on the market. The Pro's retail for around $700!!! so a pair on eBay for around $300 sounds too good to be true and probably is.

:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Too mainstream

Lawl

I don't mind beats but for their price you would be stupid not to go for another make of headphones that will sound much better. Every second kid at my school has a pair, It's ridiculous.

That being said however if they made a charlotte Hornets pair I'd probably buy them.. :teef:

What are the in ear bud beats like?

I've been looking for a pair of in ear buds what are the beats like? Anything better?