New but improved

Narukami

Hello there. I came here because I'm not very experienced when it comes to equipment. I'm also a beginner-ish. Yeah, I've DJ-ed before but that was when I was like 8 (Brother's friend taught me everything I knew). Now, I'm 15 and I only practice with my ipod... for now. I'm thinking off buying some equipment and will probably make another post about it somewhere else. But you know? i'm pretty experienced, and if you can ask me to DJ a party, I could do it. :)

I'm also a music producer but not a really good one. Just need to learn different ways off making my songs less repetitive and more dancable. Any tips would be appreciated :)

welcome.

Question.

How you dj with ipod?

Simple really, there's this app i bought on the app store called "Djay" and it's really cool. Alot off great effects and it can literally replace $5182 worth off equipment. If you have an iPad (which I do. Only it's my mom's) you're probably making better use off it. bigger screen and whatnot.

The only downside to this app is that you can't really precue with your headphones. you have to have 500 different cables and it's a pain in the ass and i hate it. but i managed to master beatmatching without headphones so yeah.

here's a sample off my mixing skills with only an ipod touch. the other videos on this chanel are my friend's and they're really shit so don't bother listening to them. really cool app. probably better than the DJ2Go by Numark

question: is this guy wearing a condom? :safe:

welcome.

Question.

How you dj with ipod?

Simple really, there's this app i bought on the app store called "Djay" and it's really cool. Alot off great effects and it can literally replace $5182 worth off equipment. If you have an iPad (which I do. Only it's my mom's) you're probably making better use off it. bigger screen and whatnot.

The only downside to this app is that you can't really precue with your headphones. you have to have 500 different cables and it's a pain in the ass and i hate it. but i managed to master beatmatching without headphones so yeah.

here's a sample off my mixing skills with only an ipod touch. the other videos on this chanel are my friend's and they're really shit so don't bother listening to them. really cool app. probably better than the DJ2Go by Numark

Welcome :safe:

If I was you, id have a look at the mixtrack pro if your going to go digital, quite a nice little solid unit

welcome.

Question.

How you dj with ipod?

Welcome :safe:

If I was you, id have a look at the mixtrack pro if your going to go digital, quite a nice little solid unit

nah, i'm not into controllers. they feel plasticy and i dont wanna spend more money on a second computer that i'm not even gunna use that much (i'm using a desktop atm)

I'm actually looking at CD Players. One that really caught my eye is the Denon DN-S 3700. Really great lookin piece off equipment.

man tehcnology is gettin crazy, first it was who needs TT's we have cdj's, then it was who needs cdj's i have my laptop, now its who needs the laptop i have my ipad haha.

but in all seriousness man, if your into taking this serious, id recomend getting some sort of cdj's turntables or controller. you will eventually need it in the long run, dont know how many people would hire you with an ipad :S

well i just play in my room so sometimes i can hear where the needle is on the song by listening to the vinyl

and you just baby scratch over the drop over and over until ur ready to drop it

or else it just takes a couple of flicks with the xfader in the middle and you're ready to spin into the next track

obv doesn't work with music you're completely unfamiliar with, but i've learnt everything the hard way on vinyl so i guess it's easiest for me

for seamless transition headphones are always better

it's actually easy really, i have two methods:

i cue up all my songs to where the beat starts and press cue whenever i'm ready to mix the songs.

OR

if i didn't cue in advance i slowly move the platter and keep and eye on the mixer. when the equaliser lights up, that means that's where the somg starts. then i just press play. keeping an eye on the eq, you can see the light goes up. just match the lights from chanel 1 and chanel 2 and there you go. mixing without headphones.

ideally, i'll put the song in cue on an 8 bar loop so that i have more time to fix it.

if i didn't cue in advance i slowly move the platter and keep and eye on the mixer. when the equaliser lights up, that means that's where the somg starts. then i just press play. keeping an eye on the eq, you can see the light goes up. just match the lights from chanel 1 and chanel 2 and there you go. mixing without headphones.

8O

i'm amazed that works. I dont mean to cause offence here but using the level meters on the mixer has to be the roughest way I've ever heard to 'beatmatch'.

as long as it works for you i guess.