Tomy's Studio Rebuild

Tomy

Yo! so this came about because my studio room was freaking filthy plus i want to start getting some rack / outboard gear.

This was the current state of the studio.

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

so yeah messy. step one was to find a new desk. i got mine through a mob in melbourne called Nova forge. http://www.novaforge.com.au/

step 2. Paint desk.

photo_3.jpg

step 3. Put it together

photo_5.jpg

step 4. re organise gear.

photo_7.jpg

photo_8.jpg

So thats the start of it. Some cables i need to tidy up etc. still to come speaker stands, new computer, Audio interface and compressor.

Will upload photos etc when i get the other stuff.

Yep they are Yamaha hs-80's and the sub is from the same family. I rate these speaker very true sound.

The desk cost $425 plus about $100 postage. Probably spent about 150 on all the paint and shit too. Haha. But came up a treat. MDF sucks up the primer and paint like mad.

yeah it sure is. I can't live without that sub now when it comes to mixdowns. I only have it turned up the tiniest bit though due to the size and shape of my room and i'm running a 80Hz cut on the 2 speakers so they don't fit for bass.

Ahh I see.

my hs80 m's are on the flat setting at the moment and they run a nice clean bass through them but I always wondered if I was missing out on any necessary low end. But what you've done makes good sense

how much did u find the sub for if u dont mind me asking..

cheapest I can see is around $650

• 3 weeks later...

finally got the new audio interface. Focusrite Saffire PRO 40

soundcard.jpg

goes alright. works well but i've heard there is issues with forcusrite and the thunderbolt on the newer mac's. which i'm hoping will be fixed by the time the new mac pro hits the street.

if you want to check out the specs and better pics of the unit check it here

http://www.focusrite.com/products/saffi ... re_pro_40/