Hey Guys & Girls, Whattup?

Scixors

Hey there! 

My name is Scixors, I'm a 21 year old dude, spinning tunes in the capital city of Canberra!
I've been a bedroom DJ for almost 2 years now and I've just started trying to get out into the scene.
I currently DJ fortnightly on Saturdays for a couple of hours at a local Platypus shoe store and I also do house parties from time to time. (Hoping to extend to bars/clubs/events!)

I play a huge range of genre's from House to Dubstep, Hardstyle to Bass House,  Dnb to Psytrance, Techno to Bangers, everything aside from Hip-Hop and RNB. 
I have a massive amount of respect for all genres and the challenges they each posses, which is why i don't like to nail myself down to anything in particular, at least not yet!
I produce my own music as well,(nothing too extraordinary at this point)  

I came across this forum looking for tips on my first gig (a 21st birthday) and found a plethora of awesome advice and funny people, (as well as some awesome threads that helped me pick my name!)
I'm excited to get amongst the forum, learn as much as i can and share any knowledge i may posses! 

Thanks for having me dudes/dudettes! :bounce:  :cheers:

Thanks Guys! 
The weather is currently shit, cold and wet, but that's the standard for Canberra this time of year 

I just posted a thread in the Drum & Bass Jungle forum with a mix I did yesterday, check it out if you have the time! :pirat:

• 1 month later...

Hey Scixors, 

Nice to meet you, I know im a bit late in saying hi, but just wanted to say I myself was raised in Canberra and actually work with Adam and Nate who usually play around Civic on the weekends and used to hang out with Ross (D'Opus) at better music when I was working out in Phillip on my lunch breaks. Was nothing better than watching him go to town on the mpc40?...apc40?...i forget now but watching him slice samples and tune them down to use in his tracks. Was really inspiring! And glaringly obvious to my lack of skills!

Hey Doddy man, Nice to meet ya!
Aw really? That's wicked! I I'm not actually too familiar with any of those dudes but they sound like they knew what was going on! It's awesome to meet another Canberra dude on here! I'm sure we'll be running into each other on the forum!

40 minutes ago, Scixors said:

Hey Doddy man, Nice to meet ya!
Aw really? That's wicked! I I'm not actually too familiar with any of those dudes but they sound like they knew what was going on! It's awesome to meet another Canberra dude on here! I'm sure we'll be running into each other on the forum!

Hey mate, likewise!

Although I have moved up to Brisbane, more lifestyle decision than anything, I was actually down that way 2 weekends ago picking up a bird from my brother. Hella long ass drive!

Anyways, keep on killin it and keep warm...stoopid frozen mornings and cold mixing fingers lol!

Cheers,

8 hours ago, Doddy said:

Hey mate, likewise!

Although I have moved up to Brisbane, more lifestyle decision than anything, I was actually down that way 2 weekends ago picking up a bird from my brother. Hella long ass drive!

Anyways, keep on killin it and keep warm...stoopid frozen mornings and cold mixing fingers lol!

Cheers,

why bring a chick all that way when u can just bury her in canberra

22 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Lol Canberra is too small you can't bury something and keep it under wraps. Someone you know will know, even though your sure no one will ever know....ya know? :-#

14 hours ago, Doddy said:

We can bury her in the same hole Parliament House has dug for our country lololol:arrrr:  

so edgy