What would you prefer?

lloydc

• 3 weeks later...

850's for sure lloydc, 900's have, a tiny bit better screen, Roll feature, link ability n thats it really...ive used 900's as much as my 850's and dont use roll, or link feature, and the screen is brighter with more resolution which just looks better but doesnt help you like the 2000's screen does

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this again but played on the 850s today and 100% go 900s, quality wise the whole 850 unit just felt cheaper and worse.

Really didnt like the screen, obviously coming down from the 900 doesnt help but yeah if you can def go the 900s man.

900's are made of the same materials, same platter, same buttons minus the roll and link button, there is No way they feel cheaper, maybe look cheaper, silver can look cheaper but now comes in black, the screen is the same but the visuals are not, 900's have a better waveform and slightly better menu, 850's screen is more like the 1000's but a little better

Worth the many hundreds of dollars more....I cant justify it sorry man

Use 850's, 900's, and 2000's every week

Well im not trying to bullshit but when i used them today they just didnt have the same feel as the 9's or 2's, the source buttons felt cheap and didnt work as well, both cd and usb loaded slower, the scroll knob also seemed delayed compared to the other models, jog felt alot lighter and not as good either.

I also found the screen really noticable as the decks were quite high on stands and it was outside but everything just felt so squished and hard to see.

You have your opinion but i have 900s and home which i use everyday and just used the 850s at lunch time and no way felt the same, another club dj thought they were crap compared to the others as well, just giving my thoughts.

Ok fair enough man, but definitely made the same, being obsessive I had to check this out via pioneer before I bought the 850's as well lol

With the slow load where were the cdj's, If they are used by many dj's the very small internal memory may be getting full, my 850's load faster then my 2000, not sure if it's because of bigger screen + hot cues and track artwork etc

The scroll is definitely looser on the 850 then the 2000, I thought it was the same on the 900 from memory, I prefer the scroll on the 850, I can get to the bottom of a 200 track list in a second if I want, 2000's have a very large click point, like the twist of the knob takes more force and sits in the obviously deaper grooves, much better if you know you need to scroll exactly 5 tracks up, not so ood if you need to scroll threw many

Both decks have the platter resistance adjust though remember , although that may be for vinyl only until you get to the 2000 if I remember correctly

But fair enough dude, all personal preference I guess

@above.

ive played on 2000s and i own 850s.

usbs loaded faster on the 2000s.

most other things felt similar enough. the 2000s cue/play buttons were actually worse than my 850s though, but that was only coz the cue button gets smashed about 50 times before pressing play for every song by other djs.

the 2000s have jog adjust too so you can set the platter how you want, the 850s you can't adjust, but feel similar/same to 1000s so there is nothing wrong with their build.