Another noob hits the decks (Sydney)

Sax

Hi All,

I have decided to give the Dj'ing thingy a shot... However music has been something I have loved my whole life. I have a huge range of music in different genres.

I have been researching a lot and mayn, there is CRAP loads to learn.

Having said that, it is all fun and exciting!

My goal is to hopefully receive my Pioneer set up soon, then practice, practice and practice till I am competent to show my talent at a gig!

I will be reading heaps on the forum and online to learn as much as I can.

My gear is Pioneer CDJ 850 & DJM 250 to start with. I dont have the other stuff yet because dj warehouse is taking FOREVER to get stock!

*tunez*

Thanks guys!

I feel welcomed already!

I chose the 850 because of the fact that 350's were EOL plus, I hate to start on the most basic version/model! Its just me :lol:

I got the 250 mixer because of the stability in sound quality.

I was getting told because of the effects the 350 is a lot more useful but............ i heard so many DJ at functions ie weddings and most have no idea what mixing means. They either drop the song or do a stupid effect and it is so obvious to me that they are SHIT!

I want to master the basics then once i am good... I will upgrade my mixer :)

I primarily want to do weddings and bday parties and i think the 850's will be more than enough.

I will ask many questions once i get my gear soon.......... i hope :lol:

I wish this forum had a LIKE option. I am on a motorcycle forum and when you find posts helpful you press like and that simply earns you respect points.

Is it available for us here?

Back to topic, I agree I am already liking it here :)