Another Perth member for the mix!

ImADJ

Hi All!

My name is Alex, and I am here to infect you as another Perth member!

Okay, so I have been kicking around here for a couple of days, getting the feel for it and trying to at least get an idea of what everything is, and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I have just finished 2 years of study in photography, and run a business part time (weekends pretty much) with my partner who photographs weddings. I focus on travel photographing and writing freelance for a few magazines, but mostly a 4WDing one. I also do a few odd photo jobs here and there in varying fields.

I have a full time job as a 4WD accessory fitter, just to bring in some decent money to get me out of my parents place, which I am hoping will happen in the next couple of months. It is also no coincidence that I photograph for 4wd mags and fit accessories to them, 4WDing is just another one of my (very expensive) hobbies.

And lastly the reason I am here! Basically it started out with putting a decent stereo in my car, and wondering what this "dubstep" thing is that everyone is talking about. Not only that, but it has started me developing an appreciation for good sound, so I started listening to CD's and records again with a new appreciation for a quality sound system. Then a few weeks ago I was watching a DJ at a party and thought it looked pretty cool, poked around on Youtube and saw some awesome videos and here I am! Complete n00b and ready to try and get my head around this DJ business, hopefully as yet another expensive hobby :P

Cheers!

Alex

welcome bud,

good to see more people from our good ol' perth region :safe:

Ppppffff you live in Quinn's that hardly counts as Perth :teef:

But in all Seriousness good to see another member from the west coast on the boards, welcome dude, an like cupe said there is a few of us photographers, I studied photography for 3 yrs at tafe

Enjoy your stay :P

Well! Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! Interesting to see there are a few photographers on here as well, and even spitfire into a bit of beach bashing here and there! IMO, that is good enough for me. :P

Well, there is good news and bad news about getting myself into my first DJ setup.

Due to the fact that we are pooling together as much cash as possible for buying a house, I am forbidden to spend any money on things I don't need, which rules out any DJ stuff. Fair enough I guess as there's nowhere to use it in my parents place.

I pushed for permission to lay-buy something when I find it, but still got a no. Gotta say though, I have been tempted to start slipping away a little cash here and there to save a little, hide it under the mattress. (metaphorically speaking of course, she'd find it there!)

The good side to that is I have a good few months to work out what I need and want, so I should be well set by the time I am ready to buy!

After a bit of reading around I was looking at CDJ's, but then I read about things like Traktor S4 and Denon MC6000 and thought that may be more suited to what I want it for, and a better starting out price. What is the pro's and cons of these really? Is it a quality or ease of use thing?