The "I just bought.." Thread

ill_spector

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pair of 5" Rokit G3's + 1/4" jack cables to go with

krk_rp5g3_na_5_studio_1000520.jpg

Let me know how loud they go? If they can pump a reasonable amount for me to use for listening/movies etc with the projector as well as production I might grab some.

I found the rokit 8's to be pretty quiet is all

how much did they set you back, lately I've been thinking i might need to get some, i've had a slight ringing in my ears for a while now

The ones we all have a pair of are like $15 bucks on ebay. And they are fucking awesome.

I used them in the studio on the drum kit and they work so fucking good

Let me know how loud they go? If they can pump a reasonable amount for me to use for listening/movies etc with the projector as well as production I might grab some.

These sound pretty good, but not as good as the 8's (for obvious reasons). One of the main reasons a speaker will sound like shit is in a room that's not suitable for it (not ideal in a home theatre room lol). I think for the reasons you want it for they'll do the job well, complimented with a small

Sub to really give that bottom end some presence.

bought a handful of records while in chi town :)

hzJm3uFl.jpg

hit two cool spots. one in the burbs where i was at -Discount City, which was one of those second hand places selling video games, cd's and dvds. they had a pretty good back wall of $1 a piece vinyl.

and then one near downtown - dusty grooves. which had heaps of new and second hand. but the score was the basement which was all 50 cents a piece!! even if they were two or three record releases. and it seems like some hip hop dj mustve sold their collection as picked up shyte loads of no limit records 12"s and luke records 12" that had doubles in a single sleeve!!!!

picked up new re-releases of two bootsy's rubber band albums. some tommy boy collection from 1985. duran duran white lines 12". but the score has to be samantha fox w full force 12"

These sound pretty good, but not as good as the 8's (for obvious reasons). One of the main reasons a speaker will sound like shit is in a room that's not suitable for it (not ideal in a home theatre room lol). I think for the reasons you want it for they'll do the job well, complimented with a small

Sub to really give that bottom end some presence.

Got these setup a couple of days ago.. I have them positioned fairly well (center of the wall, close as i can get to an equilateral triangle between myself and the speakers etc.) and for the small room I'm in, they perform pretty well. They may be lacking a bit of bass compared to what you're used to, but they are a massive upgrade from what I had as it is, so they sound good to me! ha.

Would not recommend for theatre room speakers though sol ... complete opposite of what they're designed for